In simple words, cloud computing means delivering services over the internet or over the cloud. It refers to the storage of data on the cloud rather than saving it on local hard drives.
Types of Clouds Computing
There are basically three types of clouds, namely private clouds, public clouds, and hybrid clouds.
A private cloud is one that is dedicated to a single business entity and in which they can store any data. This type of cloud is accessible only by a single business entity and thereby provides a high degree of control over the cloud. Aside from that, there are numerous benefits to using this cloud, such as customized architecture, advanced security protocols, and the ability to scale computing resources as needed. In a nutshell, we can say a private cloud is one that is accessible only by you.
A public cloud is one where you can access, store, save, remove, or delete any kind of data over the internet. You can access the data whenever required by you and you can also modify it anytime. Moreover, the most important key element is that public cloud servers don’t allow any other user to access your data. It provides complete safety against data theft and data leakages.
A hybrid cloud is a hybrid mode of a private and public cloud, or you can say a combination of two clouds, i.e., public and private. It has the characteristics of both a private and a public cloud. It allows you to share data publicly and, at the same time, provides you with an option to keep critical data private. This means you can keep private information private and only share public information. This means you can keep private information private and only share public information.
Types of Services Offered By Cloud Computing
Cloud computing basically provides three essential services, which are called LSP, where L stands for LaaS, S stands for SaaS, and P stands for Paas. Let us know about them in detail.
- LaaS: Laas providers provide virtual servers and storage to the user that enables them to migrate workloads to a virtual Machine. In this type of service provider, users are allocated storage capacity to a limited extent, and users can start, stop, access, and configure the VM and storage according to their needs. The greatest Laas service provider is Amazon Web Services.
- SaaS: SaaS is one of the most demanding services, which includes the delivery of software applications over the internet to the desired user. It is also known as “web services” or “web-based services.”
- PaaS: In this type of model, the cloud providers host development tools on their infrastructure, and users can access these at any time from anywhere over the internet with the help of APIs, web portals, or gateways. The great PaaS service providers all over the world include AWS Elastic, Salesforce’s Lightning Platform, Google App Engine, and many others.
Features of Cloud Computing
- Based on the concept of self-service
Cloud computing is a service that is based entirely on the concept of self-service. This means that after signing up for the cloud, you can access it, store things on it, delete data from it, and do whatever you want with it, but only by yourself. There is no bot or assistance provided to you.
- Complete elasticity
Cloud computing services provide you with complete elasticity, which means you can freely scale any computing needs. You can increase or decrease the scale as much as you want.
- Facilitates Transfer of data
It facilitates the transfer of data from your computer or phone to the cloud. You can transfer any data or file to the cloud. Moreover, you can transfer data from one cloud to another or from one cloud to any other platform.
- Access the cloud from anywhere, anytime.
The cloud provides the facility to access data from anywhere and at any time.