The Indian government developed the cutting-edge telemedicine service platform Sanjeevani, which was introduced in 2019 to give millions of people in the nation access to high-quality medical treatment. Connecting patients, physicians, healthcare providers, institutions, and other stakeholders, the platform offers an all-in-one solution.
The platform aims to facilitate digital medical information and document interchange, real-time health care monitoring, and remote consultations between physicians and patients.
Healthcare practitioners can use eSanjееvani services, which include secure video conferencing, online appointment scheduling, and medical record management. It is an easy-to-use, safe, and cost-free programme that provides everyone in India with access to high-quality medical treatment, irrespective of social status or financial means.
What’s required for using Sanjeevani platform
To visit the following website: https://esanjeevani.in/Home
- A tablet or desktop PC along with web cam and a high-speed internet connection (1Mbps) is necessary for customers.
- Access the Chrome web browser to access Sanjeevani portal.
- If the computer or laptop you’re using is running Windows from Microsoft, be sure that Windows 8.0 or later is installed.
- A workable smartphone that can send as well as receive OTPs via SMS
Sanjeevani is accessible as an Android mobile application in addition to being a webapp. Google Play has it available for downloading at this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.hied.esanjeevani
Many features are available to Indian citizens all around the nation through Sanjeevani. These are important attributes:
- Patient Registration: Through this site, patients can register in order to schedule appointments with specialists around the nation. This contributes to less time being wasted on paperwork at health and wellness centres.
- Online consultation with a doctor: Patients can also use audio and video conferencing to speak with experts. Because of this function, the patient can see the doctor without going to the wellness and health centre.
- Notification Alert: An additional essential function of Sanjeevani is its ability to notify patients via SMS or email on impending doctor appointments or e-prescriptions. Visits to the healthcare and wellness centre at the appropriate time are beneficial to the patient.
- Multilingual Interface: The nation of India speaks multiple languages. Its user interface is therefore available in thirteen languages. so that people of all languages can use the portal without experiencing any language barriers.
- E-Prescription: Also possible through the online consultation is e-prescription, which is the process by which doctors write prescriptions for patients. It facilitates faster patient care for the doctors’ varied patients. On the other hand, without going to the hospital, the patient also receives a prescription for medication.
- Integration with ABHA: The Sanjeevani has been pre-integrated with the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABHA) scheme. In addition to several other advantages, it provides registered Indian people with medical treatment up to five lac rupees. Through the e-Sanjeevani portal, the user is able to claim the services of the ABHA yojana.
OPD service hours at Sanjeevani
On this platform, there is a designated time window during which patients can receive their OPD. Every state in India has a distinct timetable for offering OPD services to patients. The patient has to select their state of residence and verify the time slot that is available based on the city. It includes information on the OPD time slots for 29 Indian states.